ENOC Group to mark Ramadan with socially responsible initiatives that make a difference
May 16, 2018
Dubai, UAE; May 16, 2018: ENOC Group is gearing up for the Holy Month of Ramadan with plans to launch several charitable initiatives and community engagement activities across the country.
His Excellency Saif Humaid Al Falasi, Group CEO, ENOC, said: “In line with ‘Year of Zayed’ and following the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, to establish Dubai as a city that cares, ENOC Group will be launching several initiatives that fulfil that objective. The Holy Month of Ramadan offers us the invaluable opportunity not only to look inward and evolve as better individuals, but also to observe the world around us with genuine compassion.”
“Over the years, ENOC has observed the Holy Month with a diverse array of activities that are aimed at promoting the values associated with Ramadan, as well as to foster solidarity, brotherhood and camaraderie among one and all. This year’s activities underline our commitment to be actively involved in humanitarian initiatives that make a difference to society.”
This year, ENOC will set a wide range of initiatives during the Holy Month:
- ENOC’s Ramadan Truck will tour various neighbourhoods in Dubai for three weeks, 6,000 meal boxes will be distributed for Iftar and Suhoor.. The truck will cover 18 locations, including labour sites, mosques, special needs centres and ENOC service stations.
- In collaboration with Al Ihsan Charity, ENOC is participating in the distribution of 500,000 care packages that will include dates, water, prayer beads, tea bags and a tea mug.
- In partnership with Bait Al Khair, ENOC will receive donations across all its service stations. Customers and motorists can donate AED 15 for ‘Iftar Saa’em’ and AED 20 for ‘Zakat Al Fitr’.
- ENOC will have a replenished supply of water and dates for motorists at all service stations around Dubai 30 minutes before Iftar.
- ENOC will sponsor and provide an Iftar tent in Fujairah, with a capacity to accommodate 100 guests daily for Iftar.
- In partnership with Bait Al Khair, Emirates Gas (EMGAS), a subsidiary of ENOC, will distribute free LGP refill vouchers to 1000 underprivileged families in Dubai, Ajman, Fujairah and Umm Al Quwain. The vouchers entitle the underprivileged families to a free refill of a 22kg LPG cylinder anytime between the first day of Ramadan until December 31, 2018.